This outline includes a total of 9 emails in total. Please mix and match this however you'd like. But keep in mind that those 3 last emails are what usually converts 70% of sales for most people I speak too. They seem like too much - but they really aren't.
Email 1: Teaser email
* Let them know you're working on something
* ask what they'd like to include in the product - that you're in the middle of creation & would love to make sure it's what they need.
* Mention that you'll follow up again with a few more emails than usual, over the next few days.
Email 2: Sneak Peak Inside and Education
* Tell them a bit more about the product (what's inside?)
* Explain (or tell a story) that will help them understand why your product / course is needed (for example, some people don't know that it's important to list build, so selling them a course on list building, requires a bit of education in advance. Explaining a story of how things were prior to your experience with list building, and how things are now that you've implemented it - or a case study of a clients experience - will help them understand... Give them a day or two to process this info before offering your deal.
* Include statistics from valued publications as proof of how important this topic is
Email 3: Available for Sale
(action - excitement phase)
* Communicate that your product is available for sale
* Link to your sales page
* Include testimonials
* Tell them “only open until X day” (or presale price until X day)
* If you have a bonus, build up the value of your “bonus content”
* Add a click-to-tweet that becomes social proof for the excitement
Email 4: FAQ (frequently asked questions) email
(doubt - alleviate doubts stage)
* Mention "what's included" again
* Mention your refund policy
* Answer any questions people have asked, and also answer questions you think people might have, but haven't voiced yet.
* If you've noticed people are having trouble purchasing, include step by step instructions on how to purchase - including screenshots helps too. Added bonus: this step helps some people click through, just to follow the steps.
Email 5: Surprise bonus email
* If you have a bonus that you haven't mentioned before, now is the time to do so. Be sure to mention that people who have already purchased, will also get this bonus.
* remind them that the bonus is only available until X date
Email 6: Thank-you & social proof email
(your email subscribers want to feel significant & important)
* If people have given you feedback already, grab some screenshots and include them in this email.
* Say "thanks" for them being part of this email launch - it's been exciting for you & you want them to know how much you value them for being part of it.
Email 7: Today is the last day (9:00 a.m.)
* Announce that this is the last day
* Use logic at this stage - it's time to say Yes, or No - there's no room for "maybe"
* Mention the benefits again, and any bonuses
Email 8 Cart close reminder (3:00-4:00 p.m.)
- Quick email to remind them, this is the 2nd last chance - just one more reminder coming.
Email 9: Cart close Final Reminder (1 hour before the cart closes)
- Quick email outlining that this is the last chance to get the course
Also follow up with an email 1 or 2 days later (don't wait too long - they're used to hearing from you every day) to let them know how the launch went, your takeaways, or anything else you think they would benefit from - plus, some indication of how often they should expect to hear from you in the future.